Friday, June 22, 2012

Dickson, week 3

  It's been a good week in Dickson.  It's been hot, really hot.  It has been in the upper 90's every day.   Sunday, Father's day was nice.  We had. Family day over at Donnie & Leshelle's house and everyone was there.  That was real nice.  All the guys went fishing including Tristan the 4 year old.  I think he managed not to throw anything in the lake this time but the hook.  I managed to keep my personal streak alive and not catch anything.

After a couple of hours we went back to the house the women had prepared a fine dinner, brats, hot dogs, hamburgers, several salads and all the trimmings.  It was truly a good day.  After we got home my daughter Jennye facebooked me to tell me she had gotten me a gift certificate at Amazon.com which I loved.  I immediately went to Amazon and ordered the musical "Porgy & Bess" and love the music.  While I was on the site I set up a cloud to load the music onto.  I can't believe I have a cloud, a week ago I couldn't figure out what a cloud was or why I would need one.  It saves me a lot of storage memory on my phone.  Love it!  On Monday, had such a good time on Sunday, my grandson Dalton & I went fishing again.  This time we left early in the morning and got to the lake @ Montgomery Bell State Park @ about 7:30.  It was beautiful and peaceful at the lake.  The ducks and geese were swimming by causing the only ripples on the water.  The only other thing causing ripples in the lake were the fish jumping.  I thought we might just get lucky that day.   I managed to keep my streak alive though and we didn't have to be bothered with cleaning a bunch of fish.   We really did have a nice time that day.
  Like I said it has been hot Karen has gotten to the pool every day for an hour or so.  We can't seem to get Bobby outside even to go to the pool.  He is content to stay inside all day and play his X-box.  We even went so far as to go his "pocket rocket", a small electric motorcycle, back so he would go outside and do something but, to no avail.
  I took the Denali over to the Goodyear store to have them check out the tires and found a nail in both of them.  $33 but it could have been worse.  There is a "service ride control" light on my warning panel so I asked about getting that taken care of.  I could not believe that shocks could possibly cost that much.  I will take it back to them next week to be sure that's what the problem is.  We haven't had any type of problem in the ride.  Check in next week to see what happens.






No comments:

Post a Comment