Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Moving on

OK, so once again someone else is in control of our lives.  Finances have been probably cut in half for the rest of the year so drastic decisions have to be made.  We have decided that all the travel plans that we just finished "finalizing" had to be changed.  Our apologies to all the people that we made contact with and told them we would be somewhere at a certain time ... not going to happen. Because of the monthly fees that we can get we have decided to go directly to Texas rather than travel and end up there.  It will be hot in Texas but, it seems to be hot everywhere.  Checking Weatherbug, it has been just as hot here as it is there.  So, our time here in Dickson is up on July 5th and we will be packed up and heading southwest at that time.  While we are looking forward to just
'getting on with it" there is a certain amount of anxiety involved also.  Karen was commenting today that this will only be the second time in her life that she has moved.  I have moved several times but, I always took the family with me.  I have lived here In Dickson for almost 23 years, the longes I have ever lived anywhere.  I will miss a lot of things here, especially the kids and grandchildren.  It's kind of ironic that I prayed for so many years that Jennye and Michael, Ezra and Boaz would move back here from California and now that they have I am moving just as far away from them.   I have also had the good luck, by marriage, to have more family become a part of my life and I will miss them also.  We will end up missing a lot of things that we would normally attend, school functions and all that, but we just have to do this and do it now.
  We will keep in touch here while on the road.


See you down the road,
Don & Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment